Tuesday, May 31, 2011

before/after rock

After I helped some friends re-plant their outside garden, I told them I was taking a rock home so I could paint it for them...one month later... I have finally done it! I wasn't sure the idea I was going for, because not very many people are going to stop while going up to the front door to expect it, let alone, a rock. I went with what made the most sense and connects in a spiritual way as well.

It's a simple project, anyone can do, any age. I may use this for an art project at school teaching little ones!



The paint is super cheap you can grab at Michael's or Hobby Lobby! And brushes as well!
It didn't take long to dry so I hope it doesn't wash off in a Texas rain storm.


On the back I included the verse where I drew inspiration, finishing it with black sharpie. (first did metallic, couldn't see a thing)

"I planted the seed, Apollos water it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow." -1 Cor. 3:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment